Think Altadena can do better?
We do. We’d like to see more jobs in Altadena, thriving businesses in every store front, and a stronger, more cohesive community, that recognizes our unique history and community diversity. We’d like to see more ways for us to be involved in improving and enriching our community and our connections.
As an organization, NBBA got its start when Walmart decided to come to town. While we believe Altadena needs more stores in our empty store fronts and jobs for more of us in the community, we are committed to businesses that have higher standards for workers, and that pay living wages with affordable health benefits for full time workers. [Click Here!]
We also think strengthening our community means getting involved in local governance and community development. In the past we have supported activities such as Town Council community forums and other activities that engage more people in our civic life. We have also been involved in helping make our community more friendly to pedestrians through our Walkability Project.
We’d welcomer you to join us – with your own ideas and energy – to help us in building a better Altadena. We are a completely volunteer organization – and your involvement is critical to the success of NBBA’s projects.
If you’d like to receive our Neighbors Updates, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NBBA Mission Statement:
Embracing our diversity, building our community!
NBBA promotes community-wide engagement to make Altadena economically strong and socially cohesive, while preserving our cultural and economic diversity.
- Greater communication and opportunities for residents to have a voice in local decisions.
- Partnerships among community organizations to meet Altadena needs.
- Neighborhood-serving businesses that provide jobs and contribute to economic health of Altadena.
- Improved pedestrian access, safety, and attractiveness for our commercial corridors.
- Activities that bring the residents together to foster a sense of community.
To access our old website and archives, click on this link: